Old Mint Park Information
Conveniently situated between the Brakfontein interchange (Old Jhb/Pta road) and Samrand off-ramps,
on the border between Midrand and Centurion, Old Mint Park is closely bordered by several nodes. Waterfall City
to the south and Midstream and Irene to the north. Old Mint Park has the following unique offering
to its future occupants.
- Public transport – The K101 (Old Johannesburg road) is a well-established bus and taxi route, with a taxi facility a short walk away at the K101/ Brakfontein interchange.
- Gautrain – Old Mint Park is 10km’s away from the Gautrain Midrand Station. Gautrain has acquired the land directly across from Old Mint Park’s access, as the location of a new station that is envisaged to be the hub for both the North-South (current) and East-West (future) trains.
- Grand Central Airport – Grand Central Airport is an easy 10km drive from the site.
- Surrounding Residential Estates that caters for various market segments – Midstream Estate, Heritage Hill, Irene, Rooihuiskraal, Waterfall etc.
- Waterfall – Waterfall to the south boasts the “Mall of Africa”, Curro schools and crèche, Waterfall City Netcare Hospital, residential, hotels (City Lodge) a short 15km drive from Old Mint Park.
- Schools – Midstream- College, Primary, Pre-Primary Schools, Curro Schools and Creché at Waterfall.
- Health facilities – NHC Healthcare, Midstream Mediclinic.
One of the Park’s biggest draw cards is its excellent highway exposure. The N1 between Johannesburg and Pretoria carries 300 000 vehicles a day and is reported as the busiest stretch of road in South Africa. As such the site offers fantastic exposure for tenants.
As mentioned, Old Mint Park is located between the Samrand and Old Johannesburg road off ramps from the N1. Access to the site is off of the Old Johannesburg/Pretoria] (K101) road. As part of Gautrans’ (Provincial Transport), short term planning the K101 (Old Jhb Road) is due to be upgraded to a dual carriage way, which will allow for signalised access to the site.
The total site area of Old Mint Park is ± 12.53 ha and accommodates a total bulk of 75 217m².
The FSR for the site is 0,6 with coverage of 50%. The land use will be Industrial 2, which allows for light industrial facilities and associated offices. The height zone restriction is 3 storeys.
The Park will be serviced by a gatehouse with 24-hour security control and an optic fibre camera detection system on the perimeter.
The perimeter of the Park is enclosed by a 2.4m high ClearVu fence with anti-climb spikes and an anti-burrow footing, preventing intruders from digging underneath the fence. A temporary fence exists at the northern end of the site, but it is planned to be removed and replaced with the 2.4m high ClearVu in the next year.
Old Mint Park will establish a non-profit management and operations company that will oversee the running and upkeep of the property on a daily basis. In order to fulfil its obligations, the Property Management Company will charge a monthly levy to occupants of Old Mint Park. The Old Mint Property Management Company will also oversee that design standards are maintained and that construction companies adhere to the rules during building periods.
All electrical and HVAC systems will be designed to be as energy efficient as possible with the end goal being to
save on the monthly operating costs.
Tshwane Energy & Electricity is the power service provider for Old Mint Park. The required infrastructure is
currently being installed to coincide with the finalisation of the Town Planning processes, and will supply the
site with 3.16 MVA.
The developer has allowed for sleeves to be installed to give tenants the freedom to contract with their
Internet Service Providers of choice to provide data and voice service.